Sunday, November 11, 2007

And so it begins...

660 miles of track, enough to, I'm told, span from here back to Chicago. 468 stations. 5,800 subway cars. 26 subway lines.

Yes, we are going to cover it all. I will regain my sanity on the subway, amongst the homeless, the jaded, the Bed-Stuyers who rap about my shoes, the Doo-Wop groups and Chinese ladies who try to pass between me and a subway pole, a scant 6 inches apart. No more confused weekends, no more gorging myself when nervous. No more hours of rotting my corneas behind this screen. Something to write home about.

First up:
Depart 42nd St./Times Sq. via 7 to 45th Rd./Courthouse Sq. in Brooklyn
Walk to G train, nearby
Take G from beginning of route at Long Island City Court Sq. to Hoyt-Schermerhorn to finally see "ghost platform" (the one Jonathan Lethem writes about) for myself.
Return by A or C train to 4th St/Washington Sq.

-Hippocrates

No comments: