Saturday, September 22, 2007

Indian Summer

Sleep schedules are all off. 6AM to 2:30 in the afternoon. Whyyyy...

I have decided I no longer like people in skinny jeans.
But then today I read an essay on generalizations and the mistakes that come along with them. It was not about skinny jeans, but about ethnic profiling in the wake of 9/11 and about how all pitbulls aren't evil. Just the ones that are chained, hungry, and taunted. Or something like that. Anyway, what I'm saying is I shouldn't hate all people in skinny jeans. I was on that path for awhile. However, I have had to renounce that after I learned of two pairs of skinny jeans and the useless, empty shells wearing them. The parties in question were smoking pot and going on and on about how they can't stand people who go outside and sketch. They're not artists and never will be. And this to a very kind, without-any-sort-of-pretension individual.

"Charlie Ravioli, in other words, was just another New Yorker: fit, opinionated, and trying to break into show business."

1 comment:

DonutBEanal said...

lol..i love that you actually addressed an issue that people tend to stay away from..I guess because in reality they just want another group to fit into.